This website is available for free to everyone.
It belongs to The Warrior Institute NPC, a not for profit company with registration number …. and address Wodin Rd, Newlands, Western Cape, South Africa (‘TWP’).
We have tried to ensure that all information on the website is correct, but in order to convey a clear message, we have not included every detail of the law that applies to this field. Where we have made mistakes, please bring them to our attention.
Anyone may use or copy any text from this website, or construct links to it from other websites or platforms.
TWP owns the name, domain, logos and taglines shown on the website.
Please use the information provided on the website carefully and wisely. TWP is not liable for any loss, damage or consequential loss caused to you or anyone else by or arising from the use of the website or linked organisations’ websites or contact details.
Links to other websites and contact details of other organisations are included in this website for your convenience. We do not control and are not responsible for these other organisations, and do not endorse them or their services. Use of their websites and contact details is at your own risk.
TWP does not collect or retain any personal information of the users of the website, other than those who contact TWP through the contact form provided.
Should you submit a contact form, TWP will collect, store and process your personal information submitted in the contact form for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiry;
- To inform you about The Warrior Project initiatives and events if you have selected that you wish to receive news from us;
- To receive donor funding from you where pledged and report to you as a donor;
- For analysis, evaluation and research regarding The Warrior Project Initiatives;
- To carry out TWP’s obligations or enforce your obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and TWP;
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from TWP and for TWP to request information it may require from you; and/or
- To satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Where TWP does collect your personal information, it will retain such information for only so long as it needed for the purposes for which it is collected, or until requested by you to delete it. TWP will only share your personal information with others where under a legal obligation to do so.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
TWP may disclose your personal information to third parties, if it is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce any contractual terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TWP.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Withdraw consent to us processing your personal information. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or withdraw consent to us processing your information, please contact the Information Officer stipulated at the end of this notice in writing.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. TWP do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICEOR YOUR INFORMATION
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Should your personal information change, please inform TWP and provide TWP with your corrected personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable TWP to update your personal information on its systems.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THIS NOTICE?
Should you have any queries regarding this privacy notice or would like to enforce any rights you may have under POPI, please contact us at:
|Information Officer: |
|Deputy Information Officer: |
If you wish to lay a complaint against us regarding the way we have processed your personal information you can do so at South African Information Regulator: http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/